Sunday 13 March 2011

It's a cravey day..

I'm a self-confessed Coca-Cola addict. Seriously, I drink far too much of it, and I'm fully aware of how bad it is for me. So I decided at about 11.30pm on the Tuesday before, to give it up for Lent.

Today is my fifth day of no Coca-Cola consumption, and also the first day it has been remotely difficult.
Sunday has proved itself to be a day where I just crave junk food, regardless of what I'm doing with my weekend. I'm currently debating whether or not I should include Dr Pepper in my little rule, because it must be just as bad for me, and is essentially the same drink?! A little help on that one please.. My housemate suggested that I might drink non-branded Cola, but I shot that out of the water immediately - it's the drink I'm giving up, not the brand.

So, so far it's been relatively easy, which I wasn't expecting. That said, I'm absolutely dreading going to the cinema. You know the little ads they run before the trailers? There's always one that tells you, "There's still time for a Coke". That ALWAYS gets me, and back outside I run to get an ice cold coke. I fear that this is when I may relapse..


It's this bit when you can see the cold, fizzy goodness moving through the straw that really gets me..

No comments:

Post a Comment