Thursday 26 January 2012

Funky Vintage!

I feel like everyone needs to know about Funky Vintage; everything about this little company is completely gorgeous. For anyone even remotely fond of the humble floral print, read on. 

Founded by, strangely enough, an art teacher at my old school, Funky Vintage uses both new and vintage fabrics to create the most charming of characters. Sourcing fabrics from anywhere and everywhere, with animals encompassing elephants, owls, hippos, snakes and mice, no two characters will ever be the same. Unless, of course, requested. 

Some Funky Vintage offerings!
Possibly the cutest thing about the company is it's custom order option. Customers can select their character, and provide their own fabric, turning a cherished garment into something even more meaningful. Whether it's a baby grow, a child's first school uniform or a wedding dress, nothing seems too much. 

 



Some school uniform characters!
For someone supposed to be ardently saving money, it is with a heavy heart (actually, not really at all), that I admit to giving into this sheer loveliness. The new elephantine addition to my bookshelf couldn't look more at home if it tried. If you hadn't already noticed the running theme throughout my posts of late, I may be developing a penchant for red flannel tarten, see below. I'm hoping this will cool off towards the summer months, I can only imagine it wouldn't be a good look come mid-July.

The stuffed elephant that has stolen my heart.
I am 99.9% sure that an almost 23 year old shouldn't be getting excited about, more to the point, buying, a stuffed animal. But I don't care, I just don't care. Names on a postcard please!

To check out Funky Vintage in it's glorious, beautifully-made entirety, you can either go to their website, or visit them on Facebook! Go on, off you pop.

All photos lovingly borrowed from Funky Vintage's Facebook page. Show their page some love!

1 comment: