Wednesday 4 January 2012

Yet more door-related crafts!

I recently acquired a lovely, shiny new pair of cotton winceyette pajama bottoms, replacing an old pair of lesser quality and.. fluffy-ness? Brushed-ness? They were less warm, anyway. So with a severe lack of storage space and too many pajamas and woolly jumpers, what does one do? Cut them up of course. Pardon my lack of imagination, but I saw the hacked off legs and the first thing to come to mind was a draught excluder! Now this is not a complete waste of two good legs, as there is the necessity for such a thing in our house. So here is the finished article!

Shiny new pajama bottoms pictured above!
 
 
Credit must go to one of my sisters, who helped with the rather complex mathematics involved in making one of these bad boys. All to do with the radius, diameter and whatever you like of the circle on either end. Everytime I cut a circle, it was massively too big. I couldn't tell you how it was done, something to do with Pi.

I'm so disappointed with my blogging of late, I did SO many, too many, Christmas crafts, but got so swept up in the festive season that not only did I not blog about them, I didn't even take any pictures of them. And now everything is back in the loft for another eleven months. Next year it is then!

My New Year's Resolution is to be a generally more motivated person, so expect more crafts, more posts and more positivity in relation to said crafts! And hopefully a fulfilling career somewhere along the way..

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Circles are very confusing aren't they?! I'm utter rubbish at maths!
    x

    ReplyDelete