Monday 20 February 2012

A week in the life... #2

It turns out that last week was fairly eventful too. Perhaps even more so than the week before! So here are a few pictures of my week.


On Saturday I went to Plymouth with my almost whole family. One of my sisters goes to uni there, so we drove down to see her and meet my uncle and cousins there, who live in Cornwall. My grandma had been staying for the week so we drove her down and swapped her with them to take her the rest of the way home! We had a lovely lunch and went to the aquarium. I love doing things like that, especially with my younger cousins; it gives me the perfect excuse to behave like a bit of a child. I absolutely LOVED this tank; it curved backwards behind you so it was almost like you were in the tank.Very cool. 

I went fabric shopping with my Grandma and picked up some adorable fabric for making all sorts of lovely things. Dog print, again. One thinks one may be obsessed. I've already whipped up a doorstop with some of it.

On Valentines Day, my boyfriend told me to expect an adventure. I literally had no idea where we were going or what we would be doing. All I knew was that I had to wear warm clothes and take a torch. My imagination was going mental. My surprise was a nighttime trip to Moors Valley Country Park, where The Electric Forest had taken over the treetops. It was basically a light, sound and art installation through a forest trail. It took about two hours to walk through it and it was absolutely AMAZING.

I finished both these books this week. Usually I hate reading more than one book at any one time, so I really don't know how this happened. I suddenly had four books on the go and my mind was very muddled! I love Dave Gorman books - he is so funny and has the best attitude to life ever. They always inspire me to do something I've never done before and to stop being such a wimp. I also finished 'The Four Hour Work Week'. I won't lie, it took me a while to trawl through this. It's about how to do less and achieve more, but not in a lazy way. I like non-fiction, but this was non-fiction at it's most extreme. It did help me relax a bit about what I am doing with my life though and now I have all sorts of exciting ideas!


I've done lots of scrapbooking this week. My room is a total mess and as I've gone through it I've found lots of scraps of things I wanted to keep that I never got round to putting in. I like to stick everything in a book because it appeals to my very organised, slightly OCD, nature. This way, it's much more difficult to absentmindedly put something important in the bin.

My red rose from Valentines Day that is absolutely towering over my chest of drawers. I put it in my mum's antique vase thing - it's green glass and very, very tall and thin. I love it. Then there is my card, simple and understated, just how I like it. 

And then the coolest thing, hearts projected onto the forest floor at The Electric Forest. 

Less hearts next week, promise.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely week! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice week! I really love going to the aquarium too! And I bring my nieces as an excuse...but I love it so much I don't even always need an excuse haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog print fabric is awesome! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I'm a sucker for dog print fabric! xx

      Delete