Saturday 12 February 2011

Friendship star!

That is apparently what this patchwork pattern is called. It makes little to no sense to me.


I said when I posted my first square, that once I got back to uni I would have to hand stitch, due to lack of a sewing machine. So this is my first EVER hand sewn patchwork square. I hope you are all as pleased with this as I am! :-)

It was so relaxing to just sit and sew whilst talking to my housemates, Skyping the boyfriend, or watching CSI (addiction). It obviously wasn't as fast as with a machine, but doing it like this means it's not your sole focus, but more of an accompaniment to other things. I think I will hand stitch all of my quilt now, there is far more of a feeling of achievement, and it is MUCH easier to control the accuracy!

All of that said, I have recently received news that made me bounce around my house; my Grandma has bought me a sewing machine! 


It's a 3321 Singer Talent machine. I haven't got it up in London yet, but already I absolutely love it. I think we're going to be very happy together.
I'll let you know how I get on with it!

Image credit: Stephanie Robyn and www.singerco.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment