Friday 18 February 2011

Caterjunes: a whaling term.


On Wednesday evening, I was fortunate enough to be able to see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, at the Donmar Warehouse in Covent Garden.
It is one of my absolutely favourite musicals, so needless to say it was a rather successful night!

The musical contains a rather large amount of audience participation, which might not be to some people's taste. That said, it can be quite easily ignored by just keeping your head down! The story follows a group of children taking part in a spelling bee, alongside a few members of the audience, where we follow their successes, failures and young romances! You may have noticed, but I'm finding it really difficult to talk about it and not babble, there is just so much to say.

If you want to check it out, I would seriously recommend it, I paid £7.50 for a standing ticket, so it is possible to do on a shoestring student budget! You can get tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment