Saturday 23 April 2011

Antique rescue...

I'm half way through my dissertation and am thus celebrating with a blog post. It's only natural.
Now, I've never really been one for antiques; I really enjoy looking at something aesthetically  pleasing and to my tastes, and I definitely know what I like, but the thought of trawling through shops and markets to organically find my own? It fills me with dread and, I hate to admit, boredom. I liken it to Primark - I see people wearing things from Primark that I LOVE, but cannot think of anything worse than actually entering a Primark store and digging about in the heaps of screwed up clothes. That's how I feel about antiques.

However! My parents came home from decorating my Nanny's old flat, with this...






I love it! And it looks so good in our conservatory. It is a little bit used, the mosaic is falling off all over the place. I think because it's so old and it's been sat in the same room for SO long. We're going to try and fix it up and restore it to it's former glory. I get a little bit sad when I see little cluster of broken off pieces and, I am embarrassed to admit, I do remember quite clearly picking the little pieces off and discarding them behind the sofa. I was very young and knew no better of course. 
I shall update on the progress of the little Indian table!

No comments:

Post a Comment