Tuesday 19 July 2011

#twitknitclub

Twitter. I joined Twitter, I HATED it. Then I worked out how to use it, started following a few people, and found out about this. twitknitclub. Which, I love. Started by Scarlett Curtis, of teengranny fame, the club sees twitterers, (tweeters? twits? tweeters?) complete little projects. Of the knitted variety, naturally. S'all in the name. The first project was a knitted patchwork blanket, which I initially got REALLY into. Then I had to hand in my dissertation and a million other essays and the knitting fell by the wayside. My 6 completed squares are currently sitting, unloved in London, in my desk drawer. I'm heading London-ward to retrieve them next week, (not just the knitting, my other possessions also) and plan to crack on and finish my blanket just in time for the winter months. I'm expecting it to take this long because I want to make it REALLY big. Yeah. I'll update on twitter and on this blog with pictures.

However. The second project, is knitted toys. This makes me so excited, as I have recently developed a love for all knitted animals. I saw this pattern ages ago and printed it, fully intending to do it straight away, but I didn't. Story of my life. So now, I present to you, my twitknitclub project two pattern..


This little guy! This is the royal corgi from Fiona Goble's Knit Your Own Royal Wedding. I'm aware that I'm a little late in doing anything from this book, but a dog is for life, not just for a wedding. And it is SO cute.

Also, bonus, one doesn't even need to purchase the book! In a fit of royal wedding generosity, you can find the pattern here, on the Guardian website.

I'll tweet photos as the little guy starts taking shape. Good luck fellow twitknitters!

No comments:

Post a Comment