Monday 14 May 2012

A few Caudalie samples..

I felt a bit ashamed of myself to begin with; I gave in to the hype surrounding the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and bought one at the weekend. I don't like to think of myself as the type of person who could be so easily swayed, but apparently I am! And I think I'm OK with that. Particularly after using the product! It isn't talked about so much for nothing, let me tell you. It gives me the exact look I've been trying to achieve for months now, dewy, but not obviously so. I'd say that was £9 well spent!

But this post is more about the samples I was given by the lovely gentleman in the shop, who I've since found out was the co-founder. Eek! I was really intrigued looking at all the other Caudalie products; after hearing so much about one product I almost forgot that there would be a whole other host of skincare. I was given a mix of everything - he even gave me some little things to give to Dave! The service in this shop was on a whole other level. I think that's what is really nice about independent shops. (Also, they just won the Telegraph Best Small Shop 2012 award, how exciting. Read about them here.)

Caudalie Purifying Mask
Caudalie Purifying Mask
This sample was so cute, it had the exact right amount of product for one application. The directions tell you to apply the mask to dry skin. I don't usually like face masks like this because they tend to get a bit messy, but this was a dream. The water almost dilutes the mask, so a small amount of product goes a long way. You leave the mask on for 10 minutes and then rinse off with water. The mask felt lovely whilst on; it wasn't too drying and it didn't burn my skin. I have quite sensitive skin and find that a lot of face masks tend to give a burning sensation after about five minutes and leave my skin very red. The only thing I didn't really like about this was that it took forever to remove. Even when I thought it was all off I could still feel a slightly slimey residue and had to rinse again. I guess that just means it's really getting in there and doing its job! After I'd managed to get it all off though, my skin felt incredible. I won't say it looked incredible, because that is not modest and terribly un-British, but it did look pretty good. I can still see the effects two days later, my skin looks much clearer and cleaner with a more even tone. I'm considering buying the full size of this product as I'm currently on the lookout for a face mask as I don't currently use one. You know it's a sorry state of affairs when your boyfriend is telling you that you really should!

Eye and lip cream
Pulpe Vitaminee Eye and Lip Cream
I've never used an eye cream before and I won't lie, I'm not entirely sure what they do. However I do know that I rub my eyes more than I should, and anything that can stop them wrinkling before their time is a good thing. I've only used this twice, at night. It says to apply morning and evening, but I feel a little weird applying it in the morning. It's very thick so takes a while to absorb - I don't usually leave myself enough time in the morning, so I can't wait around for it to soak in before make-up! I do really like it though, it might all be in my imagination, but my eyes look a little less puffy already? I usually use Touche Eclat, but have absolutely and completely run out. I can usually notice the difference, but today I can happily go without. It may seem optimistic, but I'm going to put it down to this eye cream. I can't say I'd buy the full size, simply because I just don't understand eye cream!

Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Now this didn't actually come from Medusa Apothecary, I got this in my April Glossybox. My holy grail product is Lancome Visionnaire serum, so truth be told I wasn't that excited to see another serum. I started using this in the morning and saving my thicker, richer serum for the evenings. It's super hydrating and I notice that my skin isn't as dry as the day wears on. My make up tends to start looking really obvious and a bit chalky on the surface of my skin by about 3pm, but since I've been using this I honestly haven't noticed it as much. I don't know how it does it, it feels like it works really deep and sticks around for the whole day! I'm definitely purchasing one when this runs out. I think it's a really reasonable price too, so I can spend a little less on serum in the long run because my Lancome Visonnaire will last longer. I honestly let out a little sob everytime I have to re-buy it.


Nourishing Body Lotion
There's not all that much that can be said about a body lotion. I tend to steer clear of lotions in favour of thicker more richer moisturisers, because I find that lotions don't soak into my skin all that well and just seem to lurk around on the surface. I have hideously problem legs and a lotion just doesn't cut it. This, however, is a seriously luxury lotion. It's so rich and creamy and soaks in straight away. It's very similar to the Biotherm Anti-drying Body Milk, which I love, just slightly less watery. It also smells amazing. I thought it smelt really lemony and fresh, but after seeing the grapes on the front I'll retract that. It just smells lovely. When something on my person smells really good I always feel very 'wafty', like I'm wafting around the house in my own little haze of yumminess! I definitely get that with this. I think it's fairly pricey for a body lotion, at £23 I don't think I will be availing myself of this, I'll stick with my Sanctuary Body Souffle I think!

Vinosource Moisturizing Matifying Fluid
This came in a teeny tiny little pink foil pyramid, it was literally only enough for one use, so I didn't think it warranted a photo! It's difficult to get a feel for a moisturiser after only one use, but I think I like this. The moisturiser has a very watery consistency and soaks in very quickly, which I like. Other than that, there's not really that much to say about this.

Overall, I'm really impressed with Caudalie and on the whole I think it's reasonably priced. My mum has told me since I was old enough to know what skincare is that French skincare is the best, and it would seem she is correct!

I'd love to know if anyone has tried any other Caudalie products and what you thought of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment