Monday 14 May 2012

Weekly Snaps #5

So I have amassed enough interesting experiences to share a few! It feels like I use this blog mainly as a means to discuss the weather, but I think it's just because the weather is so Hideous at the moment. With a capital H. Either way, I just haven't been doing that much because of all the rain. Between the rain and decorating flats with Dave, here's what I managed to squeeze in.


1. My parents spent the weekend in London for my Dad's graduation ceremony. The letters after his name are longer than his actual name, I swear. My mum brought me back Essie's Mint Candy Apple, which I immediately, and rather messily, painted on. I have no idea how she remembered this, I didn't even ask her to get it?! She must be actually listening when I'm harping on about anything and everything.

2. I caved to the hype surrounding this and bought a Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I picked one up for my mum too as I thought it would work wonders for her. She's only used it once and loves it already. I found this in Medusa Apothecary in Dorchester. There are only two of these shops and they're both in the South West, but it has to be the most beautiful shop I've ever been in. Think Harry Potter style apothecary and you're almost there. The man who served me was absolutely lovely and gave me more Caudalie samples than I could carry. I may do another little post on everything he gave me because it was all truly amazing.

3. David and I went to the kite festival! This is my favourite thing ever. I used to go there with a friend from school every year, and one year we bought matching pink and purple kites and named them Pinky and Perky. I would like to add this was many, many years ago. Good memories! This was probably the only sunny day of the last few weeks. Very misleading from indoors, I didn't wear enough layers and I was absolutely freezing!


4. Dave and I had Thai food for lunch one day. I love eating Thai food, it reminds me of when we were in Thailand together, many moons ago! Man I need a holiday, stat!

5. Saturday night cocktails with Dave! We both went a little 'off-menu', and requested different things. Totally the best thing to do! I had some sort of mango/lychee concoction, which was amazing! 

6. I hit the 50% mark in A Game of Thrones. It is such a good book, but probably one of the longest I have read in a long time, so I felt this was a landmark percentage! I want to get to the end so badly so that I can start watching the first series of the television programme, I don't want to start watching before just in case it ruins the book for me. 

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I really need Mint Candy Apple in my life!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! So difficult to apply it neatly though! My left hand looks nice but my right hand is a total mess! Always the way..x

      Delete