Sunday 13 November 2011

Oh, for the love of Corgi...

It may seem that this blog has become but a catalogue for projects I start and don't finish. But this is no longer the case! A couple of months after the deadline, I have finished my Twit-Knit club toy! I believe this was the second project, after the patchwork blanket (which I am yet to blog about), and has only taken me mere months to complete! HA. And he's tiiiiny. You may remember the moment I realised quite how small the pattern would make him.. 

So here is what he's supposed to look like...


Very neat, I'm sure you'll agree. And here is how my little chap turned out!


He does look a slightly different colour, but I think that might be the rather unforgiving flash on my camera. So now he sits on my Charbonnel and Walker box looking regally down from my book shelf.


When I say, "he looks regally down", I do use the phrase with some artistic licence, as he is somewhat boss-eyed. The eyes are supposed to be french knots, something so seemingly simply. Apparently not. I think they are supposed to be quite a lot smaller than that, I think I've quite probably done something wrong. And his nose is far too huge. So huge, in fact, I decided against sewing a little mouth on.

I am also aware that it is rather scruffy, I am SO bad at joining knitting pieces together, I use the 'stitch-it-and-see' approach. Ain't no method over here. If anyone has any tips on how to make the seams a little less pronounced, they would be very gratefully received!

Look out for the outcome of Twit-Knit club project #1..

p.s. The dog's collar is a chain of crochet! I painstakingly taught myself to crochet with the aid of YouTube! Another craft conquered! (sort of. But not really at all.)

2 comments:

  1. love this cuties!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete