Tuesday 8 November 2011

A somewhat unconventional use for the household mug..

I own a very vast array of Cath Kidston mugs. There, I said it. There is absolutely no justification for this. Whenever I see them separately, in shops, I am CONVINCED that they are completely different to those that I already own. Put my collection together and they take on uncanny similarities. When I was at university, it was absolutely fine; one needs a lot of mugs. At home, in a house with two other mug addicts, they have been rendered useless. There's no room in the cupboards for them, and if my mum drank a cup of tea from one of them, she'd probably wee herself when sneezing. They hold a LOT of tea. (I really hope she doesn't read this).

And so, to the point of this post. Until now, the mugs have been gathering dust on my bookshelf. I present to you, mug candles..



 I'm aware that mug candles make them sound like some amazing new invention, wherein the candle is actually built into the mug, but this is literally just a tealight in a mug. But so effective! They really do look lovely. There are lots of frankincense and myrrh candles popping up all over the place at the moment, so you can even create your own festive version. I'm sure someone has done this before now, so I won't take all the credit for it. For we must remember, it is just a tealight in a mug.


I'm sure there is a joke in here somewhere about mugs and my being one, so there's the material, do with it what you will..

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! I've got a massive CK mug which I use to keep my makeup brushes in :)
    x

    ReplyDelete