Monday 31 October 2011

'Tis the season to be spooky!

Happy Hallowe'en!

And now I shall revert back to Halloween, for Hallowe'en is more effort and makes me seem slightly pretentious.. 

I have honestly never felt more in the Halloween spirit than I have this year. I'm not sure why this is, whether the event itself just seems bigger in general this year, or whether it has something to do with my working in one of the nation's favourite stores, selling a plethora of the yummiest, coolest Halloween snacks around. It's probably more to do with the latter..

So I decided to really get into the spirit, showcase my creative skills (or lack thereof), tick something off the proverbial bucket list and carve a jack'o'lantern.


I am SO proud of this. I typed 'pumpkin templates' into Google and up popped the Pumpkin Masters page, informing me that if I liked them on Facey B, I could get free templates! Then I remembered that my parents had generously given my sister the ink cartridges from my printer, so I had to draw the template myself and then tape my shoddy homemade one on. But it worked! I also didn't really have a sharp enough knife, so I got very frustrated and got cramp in my right hand. 

It may look like the sun is shining brightly in my garden, but it's a security light and it is in fact night time. The conveniently placed broken pots are so the hedgehogs can manoeuvre easily. Naturally.


I'm aware that Halloween is officially over in 15 minutes, but I'm planning on making it last at least two more days as there are lots of Halloweeny baked goods I want to try my hand at!

 And so, in 15 minutes, Happy Tuesday!



1 comment: