Wednesday 19 October 2011

A few sizing issues..

A couple of posts ago, I talked about my Royal Corgi that I was planning on knitting for twitknitclub, from the Knit Your Own Royal Wedding book. You may think that this blog has just become an outlet for all things crafty that I start and never finish, BUT, I always finish them eventually. I get very impatient when something doesn't take shape immediately.

Now, from the photo, and I'm sure you will all agree, the Corgi looks like an average stuffed toy size. Which I was quite excited about. He was going to sit regally on my bed. Turns out, he's tiiiiny. I'm dedicating a whole post to this because I think it's mostly hilarious. The wool was delivered at the end of last week and I remarked upon how thin it was.. "Oh dear Mum, I must have ordered the wrong wool?!". Then yesterday morning I went and picked up the needles the pattern suggested, 3mm, and they were tiny too! Then I thought, well, maybe the Corgi is just absolutely tiny? Ding!

I was somewhat disappointed about that fact. Until, I saw this.



How cute is that? I think the Queen is amazing and definitely have to get the book to knit that too.

I'm going to make an army of tiny Corgis..

No comments:

Post a Comment