Sunday 18 March 2012

Confessions of a nail biter...

I absolutely love this time of year. The evenings are getting lighter, the sun is shining more and everyone just seems generally happier. Particularly myself. I swear I'm a nicer person in the warmer months. Put me in a hot, foreign country and I'm practically a saint.

However, I find I NEVER know what to wear at this time of year; I'm always too hot, too cold, too colourful, not colourful enough - NIGHTMARE. I always want a bit of a colour injection around about now, but definitely don't want the hefty price tag that comes with it. So now comes the vacuous, girly bit. That I LOVE. 

For nineteen of my twenty-years I've been a nail-biter. Although, pretty sure I wasn't biting them straight from the womb, so maybe slightly less. My impetus to stop was an intended lighthearted comment from my boyfriend, calling me man-hands. But man, that stings deep. So I just stopped! I can't even fathom why I ever bit my nails, they are so much nicer now and the thought of gnawing at them and putting them in. my. mouth, is totally disgusting. It's equivalent to picking up a nail clipping and putting it in your mouth. Sorry, that was gross, too gross.

ANYWAY. I've now become obsessed with nail varnish. I never really touched the stuff pre-non nibbling because, let's face it, nail varnish does not look good on a millimetre of fingernail.


I love these nail varnishes. I think Revlon nail varnish is so good, it's so shiny and full of colour and stays on for a really long time. Please excuse my somewhat basic terms, I don't know the nail varnish lingo. I think these are the perfect pop of colour to gently ease me into my spring and summer clothes, without spending a small fortune. Which I categorically do not have.

It goes against everything I believe in to like lilac nail varnish; I had a lilac bedroom when I was about twelve and ever since then I pretty much hated it. Oh, but there's change in the air. I just love this, it's so different and really makes me feel like spring is here. I'm really going all the way too - it's not just the nails, I adore these little beauties from M&S...


When I first saw these, I thought they were disgusting, but I literally cannot stop thinking about them. If worn correctly, I think these could be seriously cool. 

Think about it.

3 comments:

  1. The Revlon colours are beautiful! And I really want to get some pastel jeans but am not sure how to wear them! Love spring!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on giving up the nail biting! Your comments on those lilac jeans made me giggle :)

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, the more I look at them, the more I love them! They're 25% off at the moment, so naturally they're all sold out in my size.. maaaaan! x

    ReplyDelete