Monday 19 March 2012

Review; Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick

If you're anything like me, the words Elizabeth Arden will not really incite much excitement. I have a mental block on it just because you can buy it in a chemist and because my Granny wears Elizabeth Arden perfume. I mean, don't get me wrong, she always smells lovely, it just doesn't make me see it as a relevant brand. So swiftly after saying all this, let me wholeheartedly take it back.


I was watching one of Fleur's monthly favourites videos (I'm very sorry I don't remember which one it was) and she said she was loving Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Repair lip balm. I'd obviously heard of the original Eight Hour Cream, due to its somewhat cult status, but I had no idea it came in stick format! I have a real problem with chapped lips. I mean, a real problem. I can't wear lipgloss, lipstick or anything with any slight colour in because it just looks hideous on cracked lips. I swear I've tried every lip balm going and nothing seems to work. I'm am slightly to blame; I have been known to bite my lips when anxious and I often don't even know I'm doing it, which is a huge part of my problem. So I knew I absolutely had to try this. I was getting so desperate that even the price didn't put me off. It is slightly pricier at £20, but you have to think about these things relatively. If I take a packed lunch to work for just four days of the week, I'll have paid for it. Done!


I love the packaging for this - it's so luxurious for a lip balm and slightly justifies the price. I won't lie, it doesn't smell amazing, but it doesn't have an entirely odious scent. It does, however, seem to work really well. My lips are barely broken at all and I can actually smile without wincing, which is refreshing. I used this overnight and in the morning my lips felt amazingly soft; usually when I lip-balm before bed I find it makes my teeth feel a bit funny the next morning?


Its SPF 15 too which means it'll be perfect for summer too. You just can't win, in the winter I get chapped lips in the cold, then in the summer I get chapped lips because they burn!

This has swiftly become a firm favourite of mine; I'll keep using it and we'll see if it works long term!

1 comment: