Monday 19 March 2012

Lunch at The Stable

 

Yesterday we had an absolute Mothers Day feast. (So unsure about the apostrophe rule with Mothers Day. Mother's Day? Mothers' Day? ARGH). My sisters both came home from uni to surprise my mum, so it was super nice to all be back together for the weekend. It was particularly nice to not be knocking around the house by myself all the time..

So on Sunday we went for lunch at The Stable, on Weymouth harbourside. I absolutely love it there, it's so rustic and I'm a sucker for their Lamb Roast pizza. You have never tasted a pizza this good; it's piled high with roast lamb, mint, roasted onions and roast sweet potato. It's a taste explosion. All they offer is pizza, pie and 57 different varieties of cider. I wasn't sure if my mum would like it, as I wouldn't exactly put her down as a cider kinda gal, but she completely fell for its rustic charm too. 




I had a Lyme Bay sparkling cider and I am SUCH a lightweight I had a hangover by 6pm. Which then developed into a full blown, terrible head cold. So now I'm completely blaming the cider for a cold I probably already had anyway. 

When we finished our meal we came outside and were confronted by this view.


As much as I miss London and really want to move back, I completely love Weymouth. I mean, look at that!

All in all, a quite wonderful day was had by all.
Hope you all had lovely weekends!

1 comment: