Sunday 15 April 2012

Nailed.

My quest for the perfect fingernail has taken me down many avenues. I feel like I'm only just discovering how to look after my nails. For example, I have a lot of excess dry skin around my fingernails which someone informed me is called a cuticle. Who knew? Mental. I've started using Lush's Lemony Flutter cuticle butter, which is just amazing. It makes my nails look so much healthier and neater, I absolutely love it. It's not too greasy, which is good, as I really can't abide having a greasy, filmy layer on my hands. So I'm glad that this soaks in quickly. 

I have also discovered Models Own. This is where all the cool nail varnish has been hiding, clearly. I recently purchased three of the new Hedkandi collaboration and I just can't get enough of them. It was 3 for 2, so it would have been foolish not to take advantage. I availed myself of Beach Party, Ibiza Mix and Disco Heaven. Now I haven't used Disco Heaven yet, but the other two are just so far up my street.   


Beach Party is the brightest, most beautiful orange colour I have ever seen. To begin with it did look a bit like I had coloured in my nails with a highlighter pen, but that look does grow on you. And Ibiza Mix speaks for itself; I love me a glitter nail varnish. I think it would probably look better layered over a more subtle colour, because the orange slightly overpowers it and you can't see the colours quite as well. 

I only painted these bad boys yesterday and I annoyingly have to take it off today, because I have work tomorrow and bright orange nails will probably not go down so well...

I really think Beach Party is the perfect orange colour for the summer; allow yourselves to imagine it against a tan. I know, right! All we need now is a bit of sunshine and warmth and we might be halfway there..

1 comment: