Monday 2 April 2012

Weekly Snaps #2

Ok, so fortnightly snaps this time. I've just finished two weeks holiday from work and had the most delightful time. In the first week I did lots of blogging, but one of my sisters was home from uni for the second week so I ended up not even turning my laptop on. Here are a few snaps of the most delightfully sunny two weeks!

Click the photo to make it bigger so you can actually see what all these things are..

1. At the end of my first weeks holiday, I went to London to pick my sister up and help her carry her ridiculously heavy luggage home. In my three whole years of living in London, I never actually stopped to watch the street performers in Covent Garden. But these guys were seriously amazing. I have never seen anyone look quite so at home on a unicycle. But then I have seen relatively few people on unicycles. Look how high that thing is!

2. This cute little florist in Covent Garden is new to me; its in a new development that wasn't finished when I left. I believe it's called St Martin's Courtyard, and its just like a little village. We sat there for about half an hour and I almost completely forgot I was in the middle of the city.

3. I cashed in my Glossybox offer of a complimentary hand and arm massage with Molton Brown at Harrods, and received this cute little gift bag full of tons of samples from their new skincare range. The eye cream is AMAZING.

4. The courtyard in the V&A is one of my favourite places in London, strangely enough. My sister lives in South Kensington, a stone's throw from the V&A, she can practically see this from her window yet she'd never been! We sat and had lunch there in the sunshine! 

5. Again, a first for me! I went on my first Thames river cruise. It wasn't one of the actual tours, we just hopped on one for the clippers for a more scenic journey to Greenwich Market. I snapped this photo when we directly under the London Eye. 

6. Took this in the reflection of my sister's sunglasses. This is probably the most arty photo I've ever taken and I'm ridiculously proud!

7. I had a birthday!

8. We ate at The Stable (again) for my birthday, and this was the view from our table. 

9. Garlic bread! The weirdest, most buttery garlic bread I've ever eaten. This garlic bread + lilac jeans = disaster.

10. Dave and I went to town with the sole purpose of buying a Rossi's ice cream. If you haven't tasted it you won't understand, but its the best. It's practically famous.

11. Said ice cream.

12. The Hunger Games! I won't go into this now, but I wasn't massively impressed with the film. If you've seen it but haven't read the books, I would LOVE to know what you thought of it. 

13. Sat here for a few hours on my birthday, waiting for everyone to finish work so we could do birthday type things. I was really enjoying myself until I looked down and saw a dead pigeon floating in the harbour. Directly beneath where I was sitting.

14. Dave and I went on a super long walk with...

15. Rocky the dog! Only the best dog ever. Dog owners, feel free to contest this.

16. It was a seriously long walk, so a Lush bath bomb on return was a prerequisite. I didn't realise this had glitter in it until it was far too late. Needless to say, I am still finding glitter now.

Wowza. Terribly sorry if this is awfully boring, it wasn't supposed to be this long... Also, it may appear that I have forgotten about my book challenge. Well this is just not so. I have an incredibly overdue post on something I knitted in February that looks suspiciously like a heart. When I've taken some photos it's going straight on here. I'm also planning to knit a German Shepherd before April is out, but don't hold me to that. 

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I love the courtyard at the V&A :) It looks like you had a beautiful birthday :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its lovely there isn't it! It was a lovely day thanks! Although I did have to light my own candles, the day AFTER my birthday. Ha! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great week! I love all the pictures :)

    And to answer your question; No Malibu and ice cream mixes really well at least if you use a mixer! Try it! It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete