Friday 21 January 2011

A completely bizarre experience.

Today I visited the strangest fabric shop EVER.
I joined my housemate on a trip to Peckham, to find a Royal Bank of Scotland, which is, as it turns out, an incredibly elusive bank.
I googled 'fabric shops peckham' before I left the house and what seemed an absolute gem popped up. Oh the reality..


It actually looks relatively neat in this picture. Do not be fooled.
Ok so, I have never experienced anything quite like it. The shop was probably no bigger than my bedroom, and the fabric resembled no order whatsoever - it was piled to the ceilings, it was leaning against other piles, it was an absolute mess.
And the smell was incredible, I promise you, someone had got lost in there and died without anyone realising.

I'm sure for some people this place is full of personality and character, but it just wasn't for me.
I have never appreciated Sew'n'Sews more!

I had to share this, it was just completely bizarre.

Image credit: google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment