Thursday 6 January 2011

Inspiration!

I have patchwork inspiration!


My Granny made this patchwork blanket for me when I was really young, and I remember being absolutely in love with it.

I have recently rediscovered this love! It got put away in a cupboard ages ago, I just wasn't old enough to appreciated how lovely it is. I pulled it out of the top of my sister's wardrobe the other day, and now it's a permanent fixture on my bed!

I love everything about it, the prints, the colours, and I LOVE the geometric flower shape.
The only sliiiiight issue is the attached valance, which I do still love, but in the years the quilt has been in the loft, my bed has been moved into the stairwell, so valances are a bit difficult now!

It has seriously inspired me to try my hand at patchwork, I have such ridiculously high expectations though - I'm going to try super hard to not be disappointed when mine doesn't turn out this good!

My Granny gave me a little beginners patchwork kit for Christmas that I'm going to start soon, the ultimate dissertation distraction! I'll keep you updated on how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment